fredag 22. mai 2020

Growing in Unity Friday

It's Friday! I can't believe how quickly this week has gone. Today I've got a couple of coffee cards for you. I took the cue from the coffee stamp included in the April 2020 Kit of the Month.


One of my favourite colour combinations in the Distress Oxide range is Ground Espresso with Hickory Smoke and I created the background by using the "smooshing" technique, you smoosh the ink pad on a piece of acetate or glass, mist it with a little water and press the paper in to the ink. Heat set and repeat with a different colour, build as many layers as you want. I usually find that if I don't really like the background after a couple of layers I haven't added enough, so I keep going. If I in the end find I really don't like it, well it's just paper.
The small coffee cups stamped on the background is from the December 2019 Kit of the Month and I used VersaFine Clair ink in the Acorn colour.
I added some old lace and a ribbon to give the card an "old café feeling".





If you leave a comment, you are eligible to win a grab bag of 25 wonderful Unity stamps.

Come back tomorrow for a peak at the next project I've got to show you.

15 kommentarer:

  1. Awesome coffee card!! I love smooshed backgrounds and your looks amazing! Thanks for the inspiration!

    SvarSlett
  2. I absolutely love this coffee card. The colors you used with all the awesome embellishments are fabulous. Thank you for this week of inspiration- I am energized! Thank you!

    SvarSlett
  3. Yummy card!! I love coffee themed cards. This is pretty and love all the texture. Thanks for a wonderful week as GIU.

    SvarSlett
  4. Awesome card! You should enter it in the HUGE Coffee Blog Hop with 73 or more Giveaways and Unity is a Sponsor too, with a $200 prize. Each coffee/tea project is your an entry to the giveaway. Check it out and link this wonderful card to the hop. Details here: http://coffeelovingcardmakers.com/2020/05/2020-spring-summer-coffee-lovers-blog-hop/

    SvarSlett
  5. I love coffee cards~this one is super cool! And I love the colors. You did an awesome job on all your cards this week. Thanks for the inspiration.

    SvarSlett
  6. Awe! Coffee my second love, beautiful card and thanks for sharing

    SvarSlett
  7. Great card, I love the addition of lace, I have to admit that I have never smooshed, but I really should. It has been a great week.

    SvarSlett
  8. I love this card, the colours are perfect. Thanks for all your inspiration this week

    SvarSlett
  9. Fantastic card! I love this color combination. Thanks for a great week!

    SvarSlett
  10. what an awesome monochromatic coffee card! I love the layers of lace and ribbon across the bottom!

    SvarSlett
  11. So pretty and I love that coffee cup image. Fabulous.

    SvarSlett
  12. Fabulous design, love the layers!

    SvarSlett
  13. Very pretty. Liking the lace and dies. Great image.

    SvarSlett
  14. Great coffee card and I love the vintage feel of it. The lace is a great addition.

    SvarSlett